home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mod Mix Monday #152

 via
Ok, so there isn't much mod in this room. 
There is no mod actually but it's modern in the way that all this vintage is mixed together. 
I love vintage frames, don't you?
I bought a wonderful large round vintage frame last week at The Feathered Nest.
I also recently bought a vintage alabaster lamp off Ebay.
I need to make a shade for it and then I'll show. 
I also need to show my little Homegoods and pillow project.

And I planted flowers for the deck and it's starting to look very pretty out there.

I'm struggling going to work 40 hours and doing projects at the house and finding time
to take photos and post about them

and obviously I'm struggling to get this party up as it's now Monday night
and I'm just now doing it.

I'm thinking I may stop doing it. It's a small party any way.
I doubt anyone will miss it.

That said...here are my favorites from last week....
 Maria Elena of Our Home Away from Home spruced up her front porch for spring.
Deb of Lavender Garden Cottage shared all the little bird baths in her garden.
This one is a new one she placed to the joy of the birds in her yard.
Su of Butterfly and Bungalow did a little makeover on this table and her poodle.
Ooh La La...a french table and a french poodle! 
Such a pretty little white dresser from Mimi's Vintage Charm
Look at these two darling french chairs from DD at DD's Cottage.
This too from DD. A precious french chair from Italy painted and reupholstered in a 
green damask. I really love how she styled this with the flower market sign.
I snapped this photo on my iphone the other day at the store.
That turquoise cabinet is new, as is the turquoise table.
The table is only $197.99. Oh..that's tempting.
I'm not a fan of the cowhide chair. I'm not a fan of cowhide anything.
And that big huge vase thing in front?
hmmmmm
I sent this photo to a customer thinking she might like the table and she fell in love with that vase.
It looks like a giant pod from space to me.
She didn't buy it but she's seriously thinking about it.
I do like the table though...but I do not need a table.
I repeat I do not need a table.
I do love the cabinet but do not need that either.

It's a good thing I don't need any furniture.
It makes this job much more profitable for me.



Share your Mod Mix's in this week's party below.

Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.


22 comments:

Mary said...

I certainly understand how you feel, sometimes we have too much to do and not enough hours in the day! I would miss your party though. It's more cozy and you don't get lost in a sea of other participants. Have a blessed week, Mary

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Thank you, so much Nita. I would miss your party, but I empathize; you have a lot on your plate. Have a wonderful week. xoxo

I also love the inspiration room at the top!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Oh and that buffet and table are sweet. Love the colors! I also like the lamp shades on the red-orange lamps. The stripe on the top and bottom of the shade make it look complete.

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

The frames in the beginning of your post are something I would like to find. I totally get it about how busy life can get you should do what you half to do.
Have a great week.
Denise

Maria Elena said...

Thank you so much for featuring my front porch! Have a good week. Hugs, Maria

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I've taken an extended break from blogging, but I wanted to leave a comment for you as to how much I've enjoyed your Mod Mix Monday. I haven't had a day to myself for a few months, so I completely understand the need to prioritize your meager free time. I appreciate the time and effort you've put into the party every week, Nita. Have a wonderful week!

vintage girl at heart said...

love the first image..one of my fave pins.
enjoy your day with your mama!

Gail @Purple Hues and Me said...

Of course we would miss Mod Mix Monday! I always enjoy visiting but understand why you want to give it up. Your plate is full and I admire all that you do. Love the theme of mixing old with new . . whatever happens, we'll be around to visit. Thanks for hosting all those wonderful parties, Nita!

DD's Cottage said...

Thanks Nita for hosting and I do love your blog and would miss your party. I do understand the time thing! Thanks for featuring my chairs-I really appreciate it! Have a good week!

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

Oh Nita! I would miss your party so much!! But I understand what it's like when your plate is FULL and you need to let go of a few things to make 'life' more manageable.
I LOVE LOVE the first photo you shared! I wish I could transplant that room into MY home :0)
I always enjoy seeing your features and looking through the links.
Wishing you a happy week,
Suzanne

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

Oh Nita! I would miss your party so much!! But I understand what it's like when your plate is FULL and you need to let go of a few things to make 'life' more manageable.
I LOVE LOVE the first photo you shared! I wish I could transplant that room into MY home :0)
I always enjoy seeing your features and looking through the links.
Wishing you a happy week,
Suzanne

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

HI Nita,

I would miss your party too and I'm sure lots of us would, but I completely understand how hard it is to keep up with a full time job and life in general on top of that. I've wanted to start a weekly party for the longest time but I don't know if I'd ever be able to maintain it so I haven't. Whatever you do, everyone will support you!

I LOVE that first pic…all the vintage floral fabrics and frames together. It works perfectly to me!

Thanks again for hosting and best wishes!

Nancy

Anajá Schmitz said...

Amei o estilo vintage. Linda estampa dos sofás.
Tenha um ótimo dia.

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

I agree with everyone above, I would miss this party! But I get it, I really do -- there's only so much of us to go around. Glad you are enjoying work though! Looking forward to seeing your deck.

Connie said...

I'm not a TV person, so blogs provide a lot of info and entertainment but......I have thought about the work involved and knew that I'd never keep up with it. Perhaps it's time for you to focus on your career, family, and home projects. Wishing you the very best!

Laurel Stephens said...

I totally understand not having enough time for everything, especially working a 40 hour a week job! And I'll still be a faithful follower, of course, no matter what because your blog absolutely rocks. But I've always loved your parties, too, and seeing what you choose to feature each week. The intimate parties are always the best and yours will definitely be missed!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Nita,
I just noticed the party was up. It's late right now in France, but I'll be back tomorrow over my morning tea to check the links!

Revi said...

Thanks for hosting the party, Nita! It's a favorite.
-Revi

Karen said...

I, too, would miss this party very much. But I totally get it. Life happens. Maybe it could just be the Mod Mix Party so the stress of a certain day is off of you? Whatever you decide to do pretty sure we will all still be here for ya!

Anonymous said...

I was just noticing last week how many parties you have given-a LOT!! I've been told it's a huge amount of work to give a party, as well. I so very much appreciate all the effort you have put in to making these wonderful ModMixMonday parties, and I have enjoyed them so very much! It's the only party I attend weekly, such nice people attend because it's hosted by such a lovely person, and I always find new and interesting things here! I'll be sad if you stop, but I'm so happy for your new job and new doors opening for you, and we all know that things have to change. So, whatever you decide, I love your blog and enjoy seeing and hearing about whatever you are doing.

Maria Elena said...

Thank you so much for featuring my front porch! :) And also for hosting! Have a great day!

Amy Chalmers said...

I think it would be awful if you stopped hosting your party. Its my favorite party, and I agree that its more intimate and real than some of the huge parties out there. I always see what personal updates you have added on your party post too. So even though I hear ya about the time thing, and even though I rarely get to participate in your party, I try to attend! Even if its not a monday, we won't care!