home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, December 5, 2011

Mod Mix Monday 27

Snow for Christmas
A little fabric stiffener turns ordinary doilies into snowflakes.

Thanks to all that have had encouraging words for me over the past two weeks.
Today I helped a little old lady get her newly bought watch running.
She brought it back to guest services complaining that it didn't work.
But she had failed to take the little plastic thing off the knob that keeps the battery from running down.
I slipped it off and set it and she thought I was a miracle worker.
That was a nice experience. 
To make someone happy with something so simple.

I think I'm actually going to get to put up my tree this week.
Two short days at Pier One and I THINK I have Friday off.

I'm looking forward to getting all my stuff out.

Turns out quit a bit of my favorites from last week's Mod Mix was holiday stuff.
Let's take a look.
Aimee of It's Overflowing made these snow globes which are exact copies of some that Anthropologie is selling.
Gina at A Sense of Design changed up her chandelier with a little fluffy turquoise yarn.
An Anglo in Quebec sewed up this luscious santa skirt for this counter that hides
her washer and dryer. I love this little corner. Subway tile...check. Silver Coffee Server....check....
Stainless counter....check and velvet skirt for the holidays....quadruple check!
Can you believe Andrea of Opulent Cottage found this potting bench on the side of the road?
She painted it and did a perfect holiday display of tartan thermoses. 
Of course I couldn't resist all this aqua and silver created by Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage
Such a pretty palette for Christmas.
Sarah of Upscale Downhome created this festive vignette in her home.
That is temporary fabric wallpaper on the wall. She can easily take it down after the holidays.
Mixed with a red chair and some other holiday accessories, it's the perfect holiday corner.
Leeann of Vintage Sassy showed off her Mid Century Modern Thanksgiving table.
A little Christmas is sneaking in there a little early.

I know that was a lot of features but they were all great. 
I could have done several more.

Link up what you are doing this week below.

Anything old redone to be new. Old mixed with new.
Anything new redone to look old.
Mix it up.

If you enjoy this party...I'd hope that you'd become a follower.
Please give me a link back in your post and be sure to link up to the exact 
post address not your whole blog.
Please no food links or baby stuff or clothes. This needs to be decor and furniture related.
I'm going to start deleting links off subject.
Thanks!




17 comments:

Shannon Fox said...

Hi Nita! I knew I must have stayed up late for a reason... Thanks so much for the sweet feature ;) Yours is one of the very first blogs I ever followed. Hope you are doing well working the holiday rush in retail! Hugs, Shannon

17-17 said...

So beautiful decoraations,
preetings:o)
Magda

Ricki Treleaven said...

These are some fantastic features from last week I need to go back and visit them. I love Diane's kitchen so, so much. It is so pretty and welcoming!!!

Love your first photo...snowflake doilies are so pretty and *fun* :D

I am so happy you had a great day helping that older lady. I do not think you realize just how amazing you are, Nita!

xoxoxoxoox,
RJ

Linda Hartong said...

I love those starched snowflakes

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

Thank you for hosting. Very nice features...I love aqua and silver, too :).

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

The snowflakes in the window are darling and look so easy to make. I think I'm going to have to try my hand at those this week. Thanks for hosting, I love your blog!

Donna@anangloinquébec said...

Thanks so much for the feature Nita! I love reading your posts, fun and interesting! Great mix!

Junky Vagabond said...

Lovely features! I linked up my estate sale finds that don't yet have a makeover...yet, but they are fabulous!
Thanks for hosting!
-Jill

Annette T. said...

I know retail is very hard, but sounds like you're adjusting. As tough as it is you are getting some rewards and the ones you are assisting are so appreciative.

Olive said...

I know you are kind and gracious and that lady was happy to have her watch fixed. Thanks for hosting. ♥O

Betsy Speert said...

Nita!!!!! I'm messing up your party!! I don't mean to, but my pictures aren't showing up!!!!! The second time it worked, and then the picture disappeared again. Help! I want to play at the party!!!
Betsy

Betsy Speert said...

Nita!!!! It messed up again. Now I have three attempts with missing pictures. Don't be mad. What am I doing wrong????? Arg!!!

Donna@anangloinquébec said...

Thanks for hosting!

Theresa said...

Hi Nita,
Thanks so much for hosting Mod Mix Monday.
Your blog really is one of my faves, I love your design style and look forward to reading it as often as you post!
Theresa

Kahli said...

Thanks so much for hosting! Have a great day. Love the features

My Galveston Cottage said...

Absolutely LOVE those snowflakes. What a great idea! And so doable, too!!

If I may, I'd like to invite you and your talented friends to check out my custom pillow giveaway.

Happy Holidays!

Upscale Downhome said...

Thank you so much for featuring my Christmas entryway from last week. It made my week to be recognized on your blog and I appreciate it very much! Thank you for hosting the party every week!