home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Neutral Natural Christmas

Isn't that the most beautiful of Christmas images?
I've been saving photos of neutral natural Christmas decorating in my Pinterest folder 
called Natural Christmas for quite some time.
 via
Adore the burlap wrapped pots on the porch. 
So easy and you can plant the bushes later.
If it's not too cold where you live...which it has been here.
So yesterday I went to pull my green tree out of the garage.
I wanted to do something different this year.
I'm so tired of my white one.
 via
And my garage doors would NOT open!
They moved about an inch and stopped.
I tried several times and nope, wasn't going to happen.
Good thing most of my Xmas decorations are stored inside.
But my green tree and my outside lights and greenery are in there.
 via
This means no greenery on the porch.
Big disappointment. 
I did light up a tree outside with lights I'd bought recently.
I do have red lanterns to dress up the porch stairs but
no little green trees and garland.
It's all in the garage.
 via
I guess that is what I get for waiting till the last minute to get them out of 
the garage. If I'd done it on a warm day...perhaps all would have gone well.
 via
So...even though I really wanted to do a green tree this year...
The white one is going up again cause it's the one already inside.
Don't you love that candle chandelier above?
 via
a pretty little lantern surrounded by greens
Oh....what a perfect little tudor all dressed up for Christmas!
If I was doing a natural Christmas I'd have to have this pillow 

Debra at Common Ground is having a giveaway right now and if you 
go comment you could win one of Elliott Heath's gorgeous holiday pillows.

So today I'm working on putting up my white tree even though I'm really not feeling it.
It will be pretty...I just wanted a change.
You know how it is.

I still have a giveaway going on....
I'm giving away a copy of this new book by Libba Bray.
It's really good. Just click on the book above to go to the post to enter.

In the meantime...I'll be here decorating and listening to Christmas tunes.

15 comments:

Nita Stacy said...

test

Adam Hazlett said...

Hi Nita, That's really strange that your garage door won't open.
You're thinking it's just frozen? Or is there a bigger problem, Has something fallen in the way of the door or track or has the track collapsed? Hopefully nothing to bad. I think your white tree is beautiful and will look great for another year.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Well, it's less that you've got to put away after Christmas, right? Lovely images, especially the outdoor decorating. I wish somebody would come and dress my house up in live greens. It's too darn cold here to try to work outside with frozen fingers! I hope your garage door is fixed!

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Hi Nita, shucks, I was hoping with all those gorgeous images that you were going to show your green tree out, looking all natural! Oh well, always next year, and I know whatever you do this year will be just gorgeous. As always ;-) I'm sure you'll come up with a seriously pretty tree.

Dewena said...

I'm so glad you weren't inside the garage with the door closed when it got stuck. It is so disappointing when something we planned on gets derailed.

I love the pins you showed. I need to separate my Christmas board into different categories, maybe on a long winter night. I'm sure your white tree will look beautiful!

Thehouseofhampton said...

Hi Nita,
I love the JOY sign in the window with the candles at the bottom in the landscape! Fabulous.....
Happy Holidays,
Sharon

Melinda @ love melinda said...

I love the neutrals and naturals. I'm a big fan of candles and greenery. Great collection of pics!

Anonymous said...

So pretty and inspirational.

Scribbler said...

Nice collection of images. I keep wondering if everyone is going to have a houseful of dead greenery by Christmas? Is your door frozen? We had to get a new one last year. It keeps the garage nice and tight and clean and dry now so I can use it for a dumping ground/studio.

Loves Pink said...

Oklahoma is to have nice weather the coming week,so that door might still open. I love looking at your white tree with all the pastel vintage décor,and if that is what you put out,it will be lovely. Cant wait to see how you decorate this year! We would love to see more of your beautiful home. With your new paint color inside,once you get started you will love it all

Unknown said...

Such beautiful photos! I love looking at such cozy, happy homes :)

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love all your inspiration pictures. I've been drawn to simpler decorations lately and so I'm off to check your pinterest board.

Candy S said...

My garage door keeps freezing up to. Last year we had someone came out and tighten the screws and lubricate everything real good. It helped a lot. I love the neutral (and natural) holiday images you shared. Some years I love bright and colorful and some years I want quiet and laid back. This year I just want sentimental. I am going to try and use my glass ornaments this year. I really hope that the cats behave and don't go climbing to the top.

Cindi Myers said...

:)
I'm loving your images and smiling because even though they are natural I wouldn't call them neutral. You always have a touch of elegant in all your choices!
Do be careful with that garage door and don't go climbing in any windows!
xoxo

Ricki Treleaven said...

Nita, I loved The Diviners. I can't wait to read the other books in the series once they're out!