home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, June 6, 2011

Mod Mix Monday #3

Mod Mushrooms
I added these little mod mushrooms to the garden today. I tucked them in next to a hosta. 
I bought four of them a couple of years ago from a seller on Ebay. 
I love the little pop of color they add in dark green spots of the garden.

And now my favorites from last week's 
Mod Mix Monday
Marie at 
already had a lovely dining room but
it's even better with the addition of an antique door, new mirror and two iron embellished shutters.
I love the newer chandelier mixed with the antique loveseat and table. 
That little wire bottle holder is super sweet too.
Amy at 
is always working on a new project. She recently painted her entire kitchen and then added antique 
brackets over the sink to hold a shelf that she made which is covered in new but they look old
faux tin ceiling tiles. I love the texture of the shelf with this tin on it. 
Then she displayed small tole trays on the shelf and on the windowsill. 
And finally, Traci at
just redid her entire master bath then added a collection of vintage crystal to the top of the 
brand new vanity. I love the look of the crystal setting on top of the marble.
A pretty bit of sparkle is always good in the bath.

Sorry, this is late getting up....I had a little trouble connecting to Linky Tools.
Please link up your Mod Mixes below.
It can be anything new added to something old. Or any mix you are inspired by. 
Antique stuff mixed with old stuff or old stuff painted new. 
Be sure to link up the address of the post not the address of your entire blog.
I'm anxious to see what is new with you.

I didn't get my project done this weekend in the kitchen..but it's almost there. 
I kind of got lazy and decided if I hurry it I won't enjoy the process and I'm all about enjoying the process. 
But it will be done soon.

sharing at

24 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

Your mod mushrooms are so cute, Nita. :D Your features are pretty, too. I think that Marie's dining room is tres jolie! I would not have thought that she could have improved the look of her dining room, but she did. Amazing! Amy's kitchen is so pretty and welcoming, and I agree that you can never have too much crystal in a room! Very pretty, Traci!

Have a great week!

xoxoxo,
Ricki Jill

Amy Chalmers said...

HI Nita! Thanks for featuring my kitchen! I agree with you about Marie's dining room, it really looks fantastic, and the chandy is awesome. I will go to check out Traci's blog. Your garden mushrooms are a mod mix, and super cute. By the way, I hung a hummingbird feeder, but have yet to lure any.

René said...

Those are great links. I'm joining the party - thanks for the heads up!

Sunny Simple Life said...

Love the mushrooms. I have a yellow one in the garden. Perfect little splashes of color.

Cindy said...

The mushrooms look great surrounded by all that greenery.
Thank you for hosting this again, I finally got mine posted. Honestly, everything that could go wrong with a computer went wrong this morning and I thought I would not get it finished, then I realized that I could finish it off on my hubby's computer, so here it is.
Hugs, Cindy

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Love those cute mushrooms!! Thanks for hosting, Nita, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's posts.
cheers, Andrea

Teresa said...

Your little mushrooms are adorable...I keep thinking a little garden fairy such be popping out anytime- =)
Great inspiration photos too.
Happy Day

InMyOwnStyle said...

Hi Nita-

At first I thought your mushrooms were garden lights until I read on. I love the colored glass - they do add perfect pops of color - plus add a nice contrast.

My best- Diane

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Thanks for hosting the party! Think I finally found something I could post. Mushrooms take me down memory lane. My mom was gaga over them in the 70's. Yours are cute! Busy day but will come back and visit all the other party goers later.

Unknown said...

Hi Nita, thanks so much for featuring my bathroom crystal pieces. I just love them and I get happy every time I see them, which is at least twice a day. That is the great part of having such little treasures displayed in our homes. I love your little mushrooms, they bring a bit of whimsy to your garden.
Thanks again for featuring my stuff.
Traci

Nan ~ Playful Decor said...

Hi Nita,
I'm a new follower - I found you on Diane's site (In My Own Style) I commented after you. I love the mix of vintage & modern so I'll be visiting often! Have a great week!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Cute mushrooms and I think my bedroom fits the party since it is a mix of new and old. Thanks for hosting.

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

you're little mushrooms are so happy!

kelly

Cindi Myers said...

Nita, I linked up this morning before running out the door to work and I'm back home now relaxing and visiting everyones link!
Nice way to wind down!
and I love your mushrooms!
They would look nice in my "fairy" garden! :D
XOXO - Cindi

very merry vintage style said...

Cute mushrooms--love how they add brightness to the garden! Thanks for hosting!
Mary

Deserae said...

Love your little mod mushrooms and the pop of color they add!Great addition to the garden :o)
~Des

Blue Shore House said...

Love your blog! I just found it and have probably spent the last few hours looking through your posts. I am now an avid follower! :)

Jenna

www.sequinedsunsets.blogspot.com

Marie said...

YOU are so sweet Nita...thanks for the mention! I really appreciate it. And where did you get those mushrooms? They are just too adorable!
-Marie

Bring Pretty Back said...

Nita , Those little mushrooms are the prettiest I have ever seen!
The ladies you featured are wonderul , amazing ladies!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

::The Beetle Shack:: said...

ive just found you and am your newest follower. thanks for the opportunity to link up

xo em

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love your mud mashrooms! Great ladies you mentioned. Thank you for your visit and for the lovely comments! Thank you for hosting this nice party and having me. Lots of hgs. FABBY

FABBY'S LIVING said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Your mushrooms are darling Nita!! I am linking up today...I read your description of what was okay to share and a mix of old and new worked... so sharing a post that has both of those! Thanks for hosting! :)

Shabby Marilyn said...

Love the mushrooms, the only ones I HAVE, are coming up in my front lawn!! Blogger is finally working for me to comment :) Great blog Nita and I liked Amy @ Maison Decor's wonderful kitchen with the shelf above her window, thanks