Wednesday, June 30, 2010

House Numbers

Numbering Your House in Style

Attic mag did a really interesting post today about numbering your house in a creative way. 
Please go there and see the great ideas for displaying your home's address. 

I thought I'd share my own house numbers. I created this from a plaque I found in the garden stuff at Hobby Lobby a couple of years ago. I have no idea what it was intended for originally, but when I saw it...I knew I could somehow add house numbers to it. I bought metal numbers at Ace Hardware and glued them on with all weather adhesive. 

See how it accents the pole just perfectly? 


Traci at ThreeDogsAtHome said...

Your house number look great, very traditional for a traditional house. But I can kinda see the numbers painted a soft turquoise.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love the house number plaque you created. Thanks for coming by my blog. The bowls were bought at a local home decor store. It is not a franchise. We love Nissans and have owned a few Maximas between us and our daughter. My husband has a GM discount he can use is why he is going with a GM car. He has had many Tahoes and then the Traverse. Switching to Buick this time it looks like. American cars have come a long way because they are finally taking their cues from the European and Asian markets.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

So glad I found your blog. I have restored several vintage homes myself and live in a 1920's Victorian now. I have signed up to follow - can't wait to read more. Do stop by when you get a chance!

DreamgirlLisa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I LOVE your house and have been enjoying reading your posts and looking at the pictures of your home.

shari @ little blue deer said...

Your home is gorgeous! I LOVE this style, if I could have any house, it would be 1930s bungalow - love! Great job with the house number too, how clever! I am so glad you found Little Blue Deer so I could find YOU! Delighted to be your newest follower, and will definitely add you to my blog roll! XO!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Oh I love your house numbers! I love the little cherub...what a wonderful idea!

Your home is beautiful! We live in Dallas and it reminds me of alot of the older homes in Highland Park!


I am so happy I found you today! I look forward to following along!

Donene said...

I love the house numbers! They look great!

Blogging tips